Sun, Jan 21|
Artist Point Snowshoe
Beautiful views of Mt Shuksan on a beginner friendly snowshoe route, share a magical winter wonderland with other members
Time & Location
Jan 21, 2024, 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Gearhouse Basecamp, 800 E Thomas St, Seattle, WA 98102, USA
About the event
Experience the iconic Artist Point trail at Mt Baker, the world-record earning mountain for snowfall in a season.
WHAT TO EXPECT
A 4 mile hike with 1000ft of elevation gain, this trail is rewarding for all levels of snowshoers. With gorgeous 360 views, there will be incredible opportunities for photography or awe-inspired gazing. Enjoy the freedom of walking off-trail on snowshoes and breathing in the fresh air.
Check out the Artist Point WTA information page for a more indepth look at the experience. Remember: the outdoors is is alive and ever-changing - route access and experience are weather dependent.
HOW TO JOIN:
- Book your gear - if you need snowshoes, poles and gaiters rent them at Gearhouse
- RSVP - and you'll be organised into carpools. Note the trailhead is 3hr drive. Return times vary
- What to bring - 10 essentials and all gear you'd bring on an ordinary hike, waterproof clothing and shoes, sunglasses & lip-balm, warm hat and gloves, lots of water, gaiters are highly recommended
Important Safety Notes
- Always know the route you are going on - don't rely on others alone
- This will be cancelled for people without an AIARE I certification if there is Avalanche Danger
- If there is fog or it is snowing, do not undertake this route without confident route finding skills
- Ticket type
This event is sold out